Gipan, the journal of linguistics,published by Central Department of Linguistics, Tribhuvan University, invites articles in prescribed format for the upcoming volume (Volume 4 Number 1) and subsequent volumes (Volume 4 Number 1 onwards). Article should follow standard academic practices including language, format and ethical considerations. Articles should be written in standard academic English. The journal has double blind peer review policy. To facilitate this process, the authors are requested to submit two separate files: (1) Title page containing the author details, and (2) Manuscript without author information.
Title page should contain the following information:
– Running head (a short title of less than 40 characters)
– Author/s full name(s) written as First name Middle name Last name
– Affiliation: The name(s) of the institution(s)(including section, division, center or department)
– Authors’ telephone number and e-mail address
– Corresponding author
Manuscript should conceal author identifier elements. Authors are suggested:
– Not to use first person pronouns for the reference of earlier works of the author(s) as these can be author identifier elements. Use of first person pronouns only for the reference of the present manuscript is ok.
– Not to include acknowledgement section (this section can be added later if the article is accepted for publication)
Manuscript should contain the elements in the following order:
– Abstract (150-200 words)
– Keywords (5 words/phrases)
– Main text (divided in sections and numbered in decimal)
– List of abbreviations (if any)
– Appendix (if any)
Tables and figures should be in proper place in the text.
Format of the manuscript:
- Number of pages: between 8-20
- Page size :18cm x 24 cm
- Orientation: Portrait
- Margins: 2 cm in all sides, header and footer
- Line spacing: Single
- Paragraph spacing: 6 point before and 0 point after; but no paragraph space between the lines in the same example (each example is considered as a paragraph).
– Times New Roman or similar sized fonts (11pt) for description
– Data from language(s) other than English need to be in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) Unicode (10pt).
– If other scripts are necessary (for the data on orthography, dictionary, etc.), please use the fonts compatible with Unicode.
Unified style sheet for linguistics should be followed for the manuscript. Some of the key points are as follows (visit https://www.linguisticsociety.org/sites/default/files/style-sheet_0.pdf for details).
- ‘Author, Date: page’ in the point of reference
- ‘Author (Surname, First name (Middle name) and First name (Middle name) Surname), Date, Title (normal face for part (articles in book or journals) and italic for whole), Place: Publisher, Pages (for part).
– Date without brackets.
– Title: without quotation marks, Each Word capital for Periodicals and sentence case for the rest.
- Abbreviations: (ed(s).) for editor(s), (edn.) for edition, (tr.) for translator, (BS) for VikramSamvat, (NS) for Nepal Samvat.
- Titles other than English should be provided with English translation.
– Leipzig Glossing Rules (LGR) will be basic guidelines formorphosyntactic glossinghttps://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/pdf/Glossing-Rules.pdf
Contributors are requested to submit both DOC/DOCX and PDF files to:email@example.com
– Deadline for submission: 31 October 2018.
– Notification for rejection or acceptance: 30 November 2018
– Resubmission in case of conditional acceptance: 15 December 2018
Deadline for submission
As this invitation is for volume 4:1 and the subsequent volumes, there is no deadline. So, we keep receiving the articles round the year, entering them into review process and publishing them in the successive volumes. However, the articles received within 31st October 2018 will be reviewed for Volume 4 Number 1. The articles received after the date will be reviewed for the subsequent volumes.
The editorial board has right to decide on acceptance/rejection. The submissions which do not meet standard academic writing will not be forwarded to reviewers.
Contributors will be notified about the result (acceptance, revision and resubmission, or rejection). Email is used for submission and all the subsequent communication.
Dubi Nanda Dhakal, PhD
Lekhnath Sharma Pathak
Bhim Narayan Regmi